The only way to Qualify the SSC CGL 2017 Exam is to study hard and follow a Strict Preparation Plan for next 4 months, as the SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 Exams are commencing from 1 August.
1)First go through the Syllabus for SSC CGL 2017 Exam, to find out, which subjects and topics need immediate attention Or the Subjects you find difficult. Aspirants always knew their strengths and weaknesses. Some are good at reasoning, while others are good at Maths. So, it your task, which subject you need to focus more for upcoming SSC CGL Exam
2) Next, Buy the Books for SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 Exam . While choosing the books, make sure you buy the Books, written by Experienced authors.
3) Make a Preparation Plan, and stick to it till your SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 Exam.
If you go through the Detailed Syllabus for SSC CGL 2017 Tier-1 Exam, then you will find, that, for for every subject, SSC had given a Detailed Syllabus expected the General Awareness section and this is the reason it is always considered to be one of the most difficult subjects among all the CGL subjects.
And here are the reasons for this.
1) There is No definite syllabus for General Awareness
2) Questions in this section can be asked on Anything Or everything.
3) This subject needs wide extensive study and you cover so many things, that it becomes almost impossible, to score good marks in this section.
General Awareness is one such subject that can’t be mastered in a Day and good news is that, you still have time of 4 months. If you contribute 2 hours a Day, even then, you can score 70 to 80% marks in General Awareness section.
Moreover, this section requires less time to solve Question, as these are knowledge based questions and you can attempt this section in 12-14 minutes, and this will save much of your time for other sections Like Reasoning, Maths and English.
Syllabus for General awareness comprises of Questions from
1) India History : Here History means Indian History only and not the World History. In the last 15 years, there is never a Question asked on the Indian History
Questions in Indian History are asked from these topics
- Important Dates
- Questions on various travellers who visited India
- Indian Freedom Struggle
- Question on Wars (Results and Places)
- Delhi Sultanate.
- Viceroys of India (Names and Period of Rule)
- Various Movements
- Religious Organizations and their Founders
- Important Acts
- Newspaper and their Owners
- Formation and Objectives of Constitution
- Important articles, Schedules
- Borrowed Features
- Fundamental Rights and Duties etc
- President and Governors of India.
- Prime Minister and Chief Ministers of Indian States.
- Supreme Court and High Courts of Indian States.
- Parliament and State Legislative Assemblies.
- Work and Pressure
- Units of Measurement
- Uses and Common Names of Various Compounds
- Questions on Alloys
- Questions based on Definitions
- Human Body, Its Parts and Functions
- Questions on Animal and Plant Kingdom
- Vitamins and Diseases etc
- Persons in News
- Places in News
- Current events
- Sports Current Affairs.
- Latest Awards and Honours
- Books and Authors
- Countries Capital and Currencies
- Awards given in various Field
- Changed Name of Countries and Capitals
- UNO and Its organizations
- Five year Plans
- Government Schemes,