1) Trickle Down theory ignore the impact of economic growth on
Ans: Income Distribution
2) The Comptroller and auditor General of India, does not audit the receipts and expenditure of?
Ans: Local Bodies
3) In which year Kakori Conspiracy case takes place?
4) The Taj Mahal is called a “Dream in the Marble” . Which monument is called a “Dream in stone”?
Ans: The Red Fort
5) Sex Ratio in India is measured as?
Ans: Number of Females per thousand males
6) Companion Cells are Unique to ?
7) Which one of the following is Insulator?
8) Bubbles of air rise up through liquids due to ?
Ans Up thrust and Surface tension
9) Zeolite is ?
Ans Hydrated Sodium Aluminium Silicate
10) The Boiling point of Liquid varies as ?
Ans Pressure varies
11) The largest source of pollution in world is?
Ans Industrial Effluents
12) Which state has the highest Literacy rate?
13) The minimum no. of member that should be present, to hold the meeting of lok Sabha is?
Ans One Fourth of Total membership
14) India’s population growth is characterized by?
Ans An increase in Birth rate and declining death rate.
15) What will you call a system of Taxation, under which the poorer sections are taxed at higher rates then richer sections?
Ans Regressive Tax
16) The most important function of an interest group is to?
Ans Form the Government
17) Which of the following is not correctly paired?
1) Shivaji-Afzal Khan
2) Nurjahan-Mahabat Khan
3) Akbar-Rana Pratap
4) Babar-Bairam Khan
Ans Nurjahan-Mahabat Khan
18) Which Desert is rich in Gold Reserves?
19) Lacrymal Glands are situated in the ?
Ans Eye Orbit
20) The most extensive use of Molasses, after fermentation is for producing
21) Acid rain is caused to due to pollution of atmosphere is caused by?
Ans Oxides of Nitrogen and Sulphur
22) The dispute over, Siachen glacier in between?
Ans India and Pakistan
23) Who wrote the famous tag line ” A thing, of beauty is joy forever”?
Ans John Keats
24) Who was the First lady governor of an Indian state?
Ans Mrs Sarojini Naidu
25) Which of the following is an application protocol?
26) Which one of the following is not a scheme/project of Current Government
b) Swacch Bharat
d) Jan dhan Yojna
27) Which is India’s First Interplanetary mission?
Ans Aryabhatt Mission
28) Why is earth having its own atmosphere?
29) Motor Skills are associated with which part of Brain?
Ans Frontal Lobe
30) Which enzyme is present in all the members of the animal kingdom except protozoa?
31) At boiling point of liquid, its _________?
Ans Temperature remains constant.
32) A level of atmosphere, which is partly composed of electrons and positive ions is called?
33) In India, which tax is levied by the State Government’s?
Ans Excise Duty on Liquor
34) After Question hour, a motion moved by the member of parliament, to draw the attention of executive for discussing, a definite matter of public importance is ?
Ans Adjournment motion
35) The major objective of monetary policy is to ?
Ans Promote economic growth with price stability.
36) The only viceroy to be assassinated in India was?
Ans Lord Mayo
37) Which is not the main objective of Fiscal policy in India?
Ans To increase liquidity in Economy
38) Who was the founder of Theosophical society?
Ans Madam Balavatsky
39) India recently signed Land boundary agreement with which country?
40) Which Indian is recently selected on 27th July, 2016 for the Ramon Magsaysay Award, 2016?
Ans Bezwada Wolson
41) The first filed Marshal of India was?
Ans S.H.F.J Manekshaw.
42) “Earth provides enough to satisfy every man’s need but not every man’s greed”. Who said this?
Ans Mahatama Gandhi
43) Who won the First medal for India at Rio Olympics?
Ans Sakshi Malik
44) The most serious air pollutant causing health hazard is ?
Ans Sulphur Dioxide
45) Helium is added to oxygen, supply of deep sea divers, because it is
Ans Less soluble in blood, than nitrogen at high pressure
46) Terylene is a condensation polymer, of ethylene glycol, and which acid?
Ans Tetraphthalic acid
47) In IT, ________ means that the Data available in the Database, is both accurate and Consistent
Ans Data Integrity
48) On a clean glass plate, a drops of water spreads to form a thin layer, where as a drop of mercury, remains almost spherical, because?
Ans Mercury is Metal
49) The smallest island country in the Indian Ocean is?
50) The chairman of the public accounts Committee, of the parliament is appointed by?
Ans Speaker of Lok Sabha.
51) Banks earns interest on
52) Which is the most important factor, that determines, whether, advertising by manufacturing sector, will lead to higher sales?
Ans The Product can be differentiated
53) Which among the following is true for Supreme Court of India
a) Federal Court
b) Court of Appeal
c) Guardian of Constitution
d) All of the above
Ans All of the Above
54) Which revolutionary leader, ended his last days as Swami of Rama Krishna Mission?
Ans Jatindrantha Bandopadhaya.
55) The Red Shirts movement was lead by?
Ans Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan
56) In the context of Non-conventional energy, what is the meaning of OTE?
Ans Ocean Thermal Energy
57) The atomic bomb is based on the principle of ?
Ans Uncontrolled Atomic Fission
58) Systems running more than one process concurrently are called?
59) Butter is colloid formed when?
Ans Fat Globules are dispersed in water
60) Charcoal can be made at home by burning
Ans Wood in absence of air.
61) Depletion of Ozone Layer causes
Ans Skin Cancer
62) SMOG is a combination of
Ans Smoke and Fog
63) ATM is the abbreviated form of
Ans Automatic Teller Machine
64) The Chairman of Niti Ayog is
Ans Prime Minister
65) The Film “Phoolan Devi” was directed by?
Ans Shekhar Kapoor
66) Which Scheme is not started by the NDA Government?
67) We are able to walk on earth without slipping because of
Ans Frictional Force
68) Majority of Fungal bionts of lichens belong to?
69) Which organism has an open vascular system
70) The warm and cold ocean currents are caused by?
a) Prevailing winds
b) Earths rotation
c) Variation in density of seas water
d) All of the above
Ans All of the above
71) Who was known as the second founder of Maratha Empire?
Ans Balaji Bishawnath
72) Mahatma Gandhi’s concept of Ram Rajya was?
Ans A stateless society
73) Credit Rationing in India is done by ?
74) The human faeces is yellow in colour due to the presence of pigment called?
75) Where are coins minted in India ?
Ans Delhi, Kolkatta, Hyderabad.
76) What is the phenomenon, which established the transverse nature of Light
77) What is the name of a memory buffer, used to accommodate a speed differential?
78) What is contained in chlorophyll?
79) Epigraphy is the study of ?
80) Who won the Women’s Singles Wimbledon Championship 2016?
Ans Serena Williams
81) In which field B.C Roy award is given?
82) What is Damodar Valley Corporation?
Ans Statuary Body
83) Which is the highest Gallantry Award in India?
Ans Paramvir Chakra
84) Who was recently appointed as the First Women president of Nepal?
Ans Bidhya Devi Bhandari
85) In which field Pulitzer Prize is Awarded for outstanding work?
Ans Literature and Journalism
86) Why is Carbon Monoxide is a pollutant?
Ans Reacts with Haemoglobin
87) Why is Rann of Kutch in India is famous for?
(a) Tidal and Flats
(b) Fertile Soil
(c) Dense Vegetation
(d) All of the above
Ans All of the above
88) Commercial Banks lend to which of the following priority sectors?
Ans Agriculture, small scale Industries
89) What is accounting year of Reserve Bank of India?
90) What is the position of earth when it is at greater distance from the sun?
91) The Biogas, used for cooking, is a mixture of which of the following?
Ans Methane and Carbon Dioxide
92) Who was the first women speaker of Lok Sabha?
Ans Meera Kumar
93) Which wind is blowing from the Mediterranean sea to North western part of India?
Ans Western Disturbances
94) Azolla increased soil fertility for …………… ?
Ans Rice Cultivation
95) Which of the following is not provided in the constitution?
Ans Planning Commission
96) What is the popular name of Monolithic rock shrines at Mahabalipuram?
97) What is the name of the device used to convert, alternating current into direct current?
98) Why does ice covered in sawdust not melt quickly?
Ans Saw Dust is a bad conductor of heat.
99) Which layer of earth’s atmosphere contains the Ozone Layer?
100) Where is the Great Barrier Reef Located?
Ans Pacific Ocean